Last week, MrHubby & I attended a briefing on a holiday package. When I first got the invitation/call, I had just finished running 5-6km for the Power Race... Well, u know la...the exhaustion and fatigue, it could switch off the mood to talk to anyone, esp. to a telemarketer.
Yet still I talked to the girl nicely. Not bcoz I was interested in the offer, but frankly bcoz I knew how does it feel.
I believe most of u have received this kinda calls too.
How did u respond to the telemarketer?
- Did u hang up before he/she could say anything?
- Or did u lie to them, asking them to call back but u reject the calls from the same number?
I was once a telemarketer, thus I have dealt with various types of people on the phone.
Some of those I knew their nice personality, would unexpectedly turn into a Hulk.
Oh..okay, prolly wrong time! But I cant take that. But how was the telemarketer supposed to know if u didn't tell them?
Some strangers could still talk nicely although the end of the conversation is a 'no.'
I respect their decisions with a thanks.
Looking back, sometimes I couldn't believe it that I once achieved the target of RM1200 per week. For an easy-peasy job like that which I didn't take seriously...that's considered as a handsome pay.
But my colleague (then), Wan Naza was the only one who could earn about RM1500 per week as he wished, without being a sweet talker! Giler terer!
And if he says he's not gonna do it bcoz he's just not in a good mood, he simply wouldn't.
Now, lemme share with u the various types of clients I had...
- The ones who signed up after coming to see me to convince themselves (these people are not so confident to do the biz on the line)
- The ones who signed up after coming to see me and charmed by my persona (yes, vomit out ur green puke now!)
- There also one who asked me to be the second wife (wtf?)
- There's also grateful clients who insisted to treat me (how nice!)
I remember having one customer whom I closed the sale, but she misunderstood what I meant. She demanded to see me when she came to the office and started making a fuss. What an idiot! C'mon, lady...I'm not that desperate to 'misrep' just to find clients okay?
In the end, Wan Naza saved me by giving her some stupid nonsense vouchers and he told me it's normal to face this kinda people.
To u guys,
no matter how miserable u are when u get the call(s) from telemarketers, try to act cool and don't sound like an illiterate!