Monday, August 11, 2008

Mode : retro

Despite the hectic at work, I am reminiscing the retro telenovelas I used to watch when I was just a li'l girl. I am sure Along & Acik would be excited if they read this entry.
Sham pulak, mesti geleng kepala...tak faham -how could a small girl (I was <6years). Of course la. Dah 'alih-bahasaed'. Hahaha

Okay..let's talk about the telenovelas. One of them is Escrava Isaura. I remember her bcoz as a kid, I really fancied big gowns (still am, actually *chuckles*). The good guy was Tobias, while the evil one was Lioncio.


The theme song for Isaura was Masih Belum Tamat, sung by Francesca Peters.
As it starts with the word 'terkulai'...whenever Along & I saw signboards or talk about Kulai, Johor...we will divert from the main story and sing a line of the song. Hahaha. Gila!

Terkulai di dalam jambangan
Harapan menjadi debu
Begitu hancurnya hati
Akibat cinta buta, terlupa diri

Betapa lemahnya aku
Melawan mimpi duniawi
Sungguh aku tak berdaya
Bagai bahtera dihempas
Gelora pedoman tiada

Setelah aku menyedari

Bahawa tak semua jalan berliku

Tiada langitkan mendung selalu

Terlambat bukan erti tamat

When Isaura finished, they aired Angelito. A telenovela about a little orphan. (Arghh...couldn't find any pix :(!)

I could barely recall the storyline, but the theme song was Sekuntum cinta, by Wheels.

Pertama kali bersemi di jiwa ohh.. sungguh indah
Mekar mewangi serikan taman hati

Yang selamanya ini terbiar dalam sepi

Sekuntum cinta
tersunting di hati
ohh.. sungguh murni
Setiap ketika bagaikan mimpi indah
Bila saja berada bersama


Tersedar dari sebuah lamunan
Rupanya berbicara sendiri
Kehadiran mu dan keindahan
Sesingkat sebabak mimpi


Sekuntum cinta layu tiba- tiba

ohh.. sungguh hampa
Gugur berkecai kelopak bunga cinta
kukutip semuanya untuk kenangan
Ku kutip semuanya untuk kenangan..

Phew!... I feel so young!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Feel free to leave comments here.

Nuffnang ads

My Heartbeat