Some kids call it Mak, some call it Ibu.
Ada yang panggil Bonda, Mommy, Ma, Emak (ada ke? skemanye!)...
Well, whatever u call it, it refers to the same person, the female parent who gave birth to u.
Before I delivered Lil Adam, I wanted him to call me Mama/Momma.
The reasons for me not choosing other terms are listed below:
- Ibu: That is a NO-NO! I think 'ibu' is too soft, and my character does not reflect the term 'ibu'
- Bonda: I have a friend (Putri) who calls her mom 'Bonda.' Tapi keturunan Saripah gitu la, and to me the term is too formal and untuk golongan bangsawan jer..hihihi. Ada lagi ke bangsawan zaman IT nih?
- Mak: I call my mom "Mak." And bcoz I don't wanna be like my Mak (garang x hengat!) , I don't want my kid(s) to call me the same. I think 'Mak' is conventional and it resembles the typical
- Ma: Hehe... Aku yang anak Cina ni pun x pernah panggil mak aku tu "Ma...". Kensel.
- And it is not mummy/mommy, bcoz it sounds like Mami.
'Mami' would remind me of the jajan Mamee...
atau lebih teruk lagi, people might think that I am a Mami (kena pulak sebab chek orang Penang!)
Alaaa..set-set mami jarum yang gelang penuh lengan sampai nak bengkok siku pun x buleh tuuu! Hahaha
p/s: Aku pantang sangat kalo bila aku introduce diri as a Penangite, orang balas "O...anak mami la ni?"
My friend, Bidah told me that she never planned what endearment that she wanted her kids to address her. She simply came up with "Mak" bcoz that's how she called her late mom.
So, you guys... why did u choose Mama, Ibu or whatnot? Ada reasons jugak ke?