Friday, August 28, 2009

The story of Tepung Pelita


Some call it kuih tako, limas, kuih sampan and etc.

But I taught Cikebum that the name of the kuih is "kuih boat"-- after kuih sampan in Malay. Haha. Over tak Mak ngajar English kat anak?

On the second day of Ramadhan, MissBettyone came to break fast together at my place, and she brought some of this sweet dessert.

And Cikebum seems to like it very much. He finished up 3 boats of the kuih!!!

Two probabilities.
1. Bcoz I ate so much tepung pelitas when I was pregnant and during confinement.
2. He just have a sweet tooth like his Mama.


Story 1

Ramadhan last two years, I was very pregnant (mind u, I gave birth on the 6th Ramadhan) and was looking for this kuih.

After browsing a few stalls, I came to one stall...the one and only selling it. So, I asked the guy to pack a few for me. My saliva kinda tak-jadi-nak-drivel-from-my-mouth when the hawker 'dipped' his soiled fingernails in the tepung pelita.


I was stunned. If I were to act like the normal Isabelle, he sure would have to listen to my sermon, or at least my cynical way of saying that I cancel my decision to buy.
Hampeh!!! Hangin pun ada time tu! Kalo x kerana aku pregnant, harus la aku tak jadi beli...



Story 2

Ramadhan somewhat 7 years ago. I was at the kampung of one of my ex-boyfriend. We arrived about 10-15 mins prior to iftar.

Well, as usual... we are required to treat the guests well. Not that I demand to get a royal treatment, but at least berbahasa je la. But as we arrived, his mom heedlessly 'ordered' me to join his sisters to prepare for iftar. And bcoz it didn't really matter to me, I did.

The next day, we (the mom, sisters, me) sat together...making the 'boats' for Tepung Pelita to be sold by the street for iftar.

We used match boxes to get a standard size. So, we were all working hard folding the sides of the banana leaves to make neat boats.


Then, the mom poured in the ingredients and cooked the first batch.
Guess what? Most of the boats turned out empty or at least showed signs of leaking.

And she recklessly said "Ish... Who made these boats? U see... all are leaking!"

Giler ahhh...
Although it might and it might not be me, but being the only girl there who's not her daughter I felt as if I was blamed.

Memang tak aci jaga hati langsung... But then I suspect prolly she couldn't admit that I am attractive. Hahaha. Pompuan-pompuan yang bermadu ni allergic kot dgn pompuan muda yang cantik! (Wallawei...cantik ke haku? Perasan!)

Know why I said so? Bcoz his father married another young lady.
Too bad.

But at least, I am happy now that she is not my MIL. Huahuahua...



14 comments:

  1. eeeyuuuewww...gamba kuku sunguh menjijikss kan yeh...erkkk...meremamng tekak..huhuhu

    hamboii 1 of x gitu :P

    i like tako than tepong pelita...if tako they got sengkuang on the bottom of the boats..erkk boat ker :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo...itu bezanya tako dgn tepung pelita ropanya. mak panggil semua tu tepung pelita je.hehe.
    tapi tako tu mmg sedap.leh kunyah2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah.. kami anak beranak suker giler beb kueh tuh!!

    ~Is ko balik penang ke mlm nie?? aku pun berkira2 nak balik kedah.. tp x kompom lg..hopefully jd la...

    kita jumpa atas hiway/perhentian je la.. ko grk kol brapa?? nnti roger mak yer.. ada ke fon no aku?? camne nak kc yer? xkan nak dedah kt sini?? huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh.. nama aku x letak laks td.. huhuh

    ReplyDelete
  5. rasanya kat tekak ni, yang paling sedap tepung pelita kat perlis.. entah kenapa beli kat tempat lain tak sesedap yang kat perlis tu.. huhu..

    hmm, first time gi umah bakal mertua dah kena suruh masak jugak.. sampai le dah kahwin, tetap kena masak.. agaknya sedap kut menantu dia ni masak.. hahaha... (perasan! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p-na,
    wei..email no.hp hang kat snowwybear@gmail.com.

    sya,
    wah...air tangan menantu ni mesti sedap ni.mkn hati la k.izan..hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eh, lupa nak bagitau..
    memang semua menantu perempuan dia kena masak lah.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. topung pulita yg paling sodap eden raso,raso2nya kok seksyion 17 shoh alom....ado pokcik sorang jual....mak aiiii....bertengkat2 topung polita dio....kalou korang nak raso,torai la.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emmm 'perempuan mude yg cantik2 bermadu'...ehem...(aku ni bid)

    ReplyDelete
  10. anonymous @ acik,
    x pernah terai pulak yg sect 17. nanti la...


    anonymous@bid,
    hehehe. depa jeles kan?

    jiey mien,
    part kuku tu mmmg rasa nak muntah.
    tapi masa hangin tu rasa nak ketuk je kepala mamat tu.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahhaa.........
    hey citer 1 meloyakan.
    citer 2 tu aiseh...dah sudah tu sudah, kenapa ada unsur meluat di situ?

    tp kalau i pun..ape ni? marah2 lak...

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAYA DAH PEGNANT U !! Wish our lucks soon.keberkatan Raamdhan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. salzahari,
    haha. i mmg emo..kuakuakuaaa...
    yaAllah.syoknye yaya.

    bila la our turn ye?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Feel free to leave comments here.

Nuffnang ads

My Heartbeat