Monday, June 30, 2008

Another enjoyable holiday!

Coming back from a looong holiday makes me feel refreshed (and also a bit lazy to get back on track. hehehe). Anyway, I'm so happy the 10 days went out very well, packed with interesting acitivities with family and friends.

On Saturday, the day we arrived, we didn't go out much. We just joined Abah for a simple dinner at the food stalls near the 'markas'.

The next day, early in the morning... Sham brought Adam to the yard to have his first experience walking on the grass. He seemed not so comfortable, perhaps because of the dew that wets the grass.
Later, Acik came with his family. Little Adam was so excited to befriend Iman, but Iman seemed a bit shy, despite the fact that he has always mentioned about meeting little Adam. Anyway, thanks for the walker, Abang Iman!

Packed like sardines in our car, we (5 adults and 2 kids) then went to BM Plaza. See...Intan, Ina & I...at the back seat, trying to self-potrait...and ended up getting Intan's half face. Haha :P

But since the thing we were looking for was no longer there, we just had McD sundae cones. Look, notty Adam is trying to lick the sundae!


So we headed to the famous Teluk Tempoyak, imagining the tempting seafood we would enjoy. But it was just "indah khabar daripada rupa". The food was nothing special ...it's just expensive!

This is the pix of happy Adam, before he started making noise for being bored in the baby chair.
After that, we went to the Feringghi walk- the heaven for shoppers. And mind you, despite being a Penangite, this is my FIRST TIME coming to Batu Feringghi. Hahaha.
There's a long stretch of stalls- ranging from clothing, souvenirs, pirated DVDs, fancy lamps, etc. Yet, I didn't buy my fav hat, as the Nyonya refuse to sell it at the price I bargained for. Before we went back home, we had the usual char koay teow at Permatang Pauh.


Monday- I put the priority to complete my main mission, visiting the industrial training student at DOE Kulim. Then, we went to UiTM Penang to meet Andy. Wanted to make a surprise to Fiza (the long lost friend), but she wasn't in the office. So, Andy and K.Rizan brought us to a restaurant in Kg. Pertama for lunch. The food was awesome! Next time, when it comes to food, I better trust the people of Hotel & Tourism. They sure know better!

Tuesday, we went to DOE Kedah at Alor Setar, still for the same purpose. That evening, Ina & I went to the night market near Kubang Semang. On our way back, Sham asked us to stop by at Abah's fav bundle. Tried on some fancy jacket/sweaters...
I tried one fancy jacket and was panic when I couldn't unzip it. Haha! Glamer jap kat situ.
We had to cut it with scissors...:P
Sham bought himself 4 jackets and I got a trench coat! Hehehe

Mission is still incomplete. So, on Wednesday, I arranged a meeting with the Leow brothers (the twins I gotta know during the Induction course). They brought me for lunch at Permai Tepian, Permatang Nibong a.k.a Rumah Kuning as they call it.

Back to UiTM Penang, appoinment with Ferial was cancelled as she had something on...so, I met Andy again for another plan to meet Fiza. She went missing in action before her wedding. Lucky me, I managed to meet her this time.
We chitchatted as if nothing happened... and later dropped him at the bus terminal (near the jetty). Before she left, she apologized for not keeping in touch, and promised will do so in the future.

Well, let bygones be bygones. It's good enough that she apologized. What matters most, is our friendship...
Before we left Andy's office, Ferial popped in. So, I managed to get a snap of Adam in her arms.

That night, Andy drove Sham & I to Juru for the mouth-watering mee ketam (crab noodles). Wow! If I knew about this place earlier, it'd definitely be my must-go place whenever I'm back to Penang.

Thursday morning, I set a plan for a breakfast with my Indian friend, Netiah. We were colleagues in Intel before...that was 10 years ago. Since I entered UiTM (ITM then) for my diploma, I've never met her again. I was so excited... bcoz she now has a new baby! Anyway, she's still the same skinny yet friendly person. Kouvenia is a big girl now and little Goumetia is cheeky!

Netiah kept saying that I am so lucky to have such a good husband. U hear that, darl?
It must be very obvious that she kept mentioning it. (Thanks, my dear!)

After taking a nap back home, we went out again, for another dash of good food. Hehehe. Keje makan je! This time, it's mee goreng Pokok Ceri, though actually we went there for its well known pasembor.

Whoa! What a great holiday... Besides, I'm glad to see Adam playing with his Tok Wan. When Abah was doing something else, he'd try to attract him, as if inviting him to play together.
After that, we went to Sunway Carnival Mall with Ina, where I bought 2 pieces of long sleeves t-shirts.

Friday came... we only started after Sham came back from Jumaat prayers. This time we enjoyed the ais kacang went to Cik Nab's house in Kg. Pertama. Cik Nab used to send her kids (Ayie & Cumi) to babysit when she's out to work.
That night, Ina & I went to the night market in Penanti. As usual, greedy me bought a lot of food...hehe. The food in here is still damn cheap!

Saturday morning, Sham & I brought Abah to his favourite place, Lorong Kulit a.k.a Rope Walk. Bought some more fancy sweater. Back home, Acik was already waiting. Sham went out fishing with Midi (under the Penang Bridge)...
That evening, I followed Acik's family to Giant for grocery shopping. Since it was raining cats and dogs, we cancelled the plan to go to the Feringghi walk again. Instead, we went to have char koay teow and gossiping along the way. Hahaha...

Sunday... aisey! The holiday is almost coming to an end. I waited the whole day for Sham to come back from fishing, and he only arrived at about 5pm. He got some jenahak, kerapu, bla..bla...(I don't really know the names of fish :P ).
Then, Along, Ina, Abah, Acik's family and my family went to Juru. Actually we wanted to go to the mi ketam restaurant, but it was closed. So we had to go to the restaurant where I announced about my pregnancy before. The service was lousy! Lembab giler!
It was already late...but as promised, we went to Cikgu Ramli's place. I had my body massaged by his wife. Poor Sham & Acik! They were almost asleep waiting for me. hehe.

Monday- packed things up and headed back to Shah Alam.

Sham said, the best things he likes about us going back to Penang are:-
1. So relaxing - unlike when we are in his hometown. Sekejap-sekejap, tolong gi kedai, tolong amik serai, tolong masak, etc.

2. Bundle Abah - we call it 'bundle abah' bcoz Abah could simply take almost anything for free. The owner, Lee would not mind. At most, he charges us RM10 for several good items!

3. Lorong Kulit - a.k.a car boot sale. This is Abah's fav place, where he'll go every weekend for his antique watches & stuff, as well as for his weekly dose of roti canai at a stall in Argyll Road.

4. Makan2 - this one is undeniable! It is always on the top list. Hehe.

Hmmm...back to reality...we've to get back to work. Can't wait for the next holiday!
Endau for the cheap crabs in July/August.
Penang again, for raya this October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Feel free to leave comments here.

Nuffnang ads

My Heartbeat