Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Will I finish it on time?

This is the 10th day of Ramadhan, yet I only started tadarus yesterday :P I don't know what made me procrastinate sooo long.

Actually, I registered myself to join the admin people in the tadarus, but I have been delaying and have had so many excuses that made me never turned up. Hahaha. Hampeh kan?

It is related by Abu Hurairah (RAA) that the Apostle of God (SAW) said
"When the month of Ramadhan comes, the Gates of Heaven are thrown open and the Gates of Hell are shut, and the devils are put behind bars".

[Bukhari and Muslim]

Hmmm... apparently, this dillydally has nothing to do with the devils, it must be me myself. How bad!


Since I started only after one third of Ramadhan is completed, looks like I won't be able to khatam everything in this holy month. Unless if I share with somebody the whole lot.

It's okay...afterall, tadarus is actually reciting the Holy Quran as a group so we can check our reading of the holy book and ensure that we are pronouncing the words correctly. An imam or anyone who has a great knowledge of the Quran will be appointed to lead the recital. Besides, this kind of tadarus is actually tadarus wal tasmi'.

It is acceptable if one wants to do it individually, as long as he/she knows the tajwid and has the fasohah, etc. Alhamdulillah, I am granted with the basics at least though I might have lost some of the reciting skills.

And Alhamdulillah, we are still given the opportunity again by Allah The Almighty to celebrate Ramadhan. Since I missed almost the whole Ramadhan last year, I think this year is the best time to grasp the opportunity to reap the benefits of this month.

* * * * *

After finishing my only-one-hour-lecture, I tried to get in touch with Anna, my diploma & degree mate. Actually, we were so close before, with Shiqin.

Aisey, Anna... friendster kena block la kat ofis aku. Else, I could put your so-called-latest pix in here.

Well, we are planning to meet up for iftar next week. I'm really looking fwd for that event!

1 comment:

  1. testing testing 123... oit tadarus x arini? huhuhu

    -pakbear-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Feel free to leave comments here.

Nuffnang ads

My Heartbeat