Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slow down, Mama

I tried to take it easy, with the kids, with everything...

Since my birthday, bcoz I was overwhelmed by Lil Adam's plan to surprise me on the day I turned another year older. He even said "Mama will like this cake, and will not be angry again!"

I survived one week.

And then... last night, everything is ruined.
Just bcoz aku naik hantu bila Lil Adam mengaji main-main.
Haihhh...
Now I feel like such a monster.
How could I?



Slow down mama, there is no need to rush,
slow down
mama, what is all the fuss?
Slow down
mama, make yourself a cup of tea.
Slow down
mama, come and spend some time with me.

Slow down
mama, let's put our boots on and go out for a walk,
let's kick at piles of leaves, and smile and laugh and talk.
Slow down
mama, you look ever so tired,
come sit and snuggle under the duvet and rest with me a while.

Slow down
mama, those dirty dishes can wait,
slow down
mama, lets have some fun, lets bake a cake!
Slow down
mama.
I know you work a lot,
but sometimes
mama, its nice when you just stop.

Sit with us a minute,

and listen to our day,
spend a cherished moment,
because our childhood is not here to stay!






1 comment:

  1. adoii... kalo la bole stop kan... poem mcm ni buat rasa nak brenti keja huwaaa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Feel free to leave comments here.

Nuffnang ads

My Heartbeat