Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A poignant separation

It is now confirmed that I will be away for 2 weeks to attend the induction course (14th to 29th May). This time, I’m not gonna postpone it. The last time I did was because Adam was just two months old and that was the first day I got back to work after the maternity leave.

My main worries are-

1. Keeping the stocks of milk for Adam (for at least one week, before Sham visits me to get another batch after one week)

2. Will that be okay for little Adam?

Well, a baby's sense of smell is highly developed. Babies respond to the smell of the mother herself, not necessarily to the smell of the milk. I’m afraid he wouldn’t be able to adapt to this because he has been breastfeeding for almost 8 months, especially before he was put to sleep.

Yes, actually a process of separation begins from the moment the umbilical cord is cut. But little Cikebum has stolen my heart, and the separation would remind me of how precious this special bond is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Feel free to leave comments here.

Nuffnang ads

My Heartbeat